Formal registration of a trademark offers many benefits, including:
- Legal recognition of property rights by the courts;
- Permission to use the ® registration symbol;
- The exclusive right to use the trademark across Canada for a period of 15 years, renewable indefinitely thereafter every 15 years;
- The right to take proceedings before a court for unauthorized use of a mark confusing with yours;
- The listing on the federal Register of trademarks; competitors are able to verify and to be informed of the unavailability of the trademark;
- Special advantages are granted by local trademarks offices when seeking trademark registration in foreign countries;
- An important asset for business expansion through granting franchises or licenses;
- A trademark that is registered conveys an image of quality and stability, which is important to retain customers and attract new ones.
All things considered, registration best protects a trademark against fraudulent use by competitors. In case of a dispute, this precaution will save you time and money. A registration certificate is a legal proof of ownership and allows you to prevent unauthorized use of a name, logo, slogan and other symbols identical or similar to those you use to identify your products and services.
Contact us immediately to protect your trademark, guaranteeing your identity in a competitive market! belotip.com
Belot Trademark Services' Intellectual Property Law team has developed valuable expertise for its clients which help them maintain the necessary competitive edge in both the Canadian and the international markets. Our team combines the experience and the talent of professionals from major Canadian law firms with the personalized relationship offered by smaller firms and this provides quick trademark services at competitive rates.